St Mary, Botus Fleming

Regular Services

Sundays: 11.15am Holy Communion
Please check the calendar for any service changes.

Baptisms, Weddings, Funerals

To book a baptism, wedding or funeral  in any of our churches or to make general enquiries please ring the Team office on 01752 844456 or use the contact form.

More information on:
BaptismsWeddingsFunerals

History

Botus Fleming is a village in southeast Cornwall about three miles north-west of Saltash.

The parish church is dedicated to St Mary and has a western tower and a fine arcade between the nave and the north aisle. The church was restored in 1872 by Henry Eliott; this restoration included new roofs, floors, pews and glazing. The font is of Polyphant stone, probably 14th century in date. In a field near the church is an obelisk in memory of William Martyn built in 1762.

Inside the church is a stone effigy of a knight in armour; he is thought to be Stephen le Fleming who was a medieval Crusader and perhaps left his name to the place.